Aero 50 polini kit w/custom pipe and stage 6 carb

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

benji
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Aero 50 Airsal kit w/custom pipe and carb

Post by benji »

All of em, basically...
Ill post a pic of the new project, but I'm looking for all the "painted" panels (white preferably) and most of the grey plastics too, along w a seat.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

So, my burial pipe fell apart at one of the seams and is now in half... so I'm back to the stock muffler w the hole drilled out. Luckily I didn't need a jet change or anything, it's running a Lil fat but it'll be ok til I get my new pipe from treatland. I special ordered an old school pipe I found out was still in production, a homoet straight expansion chamber. It looks small so it might be for a 50cc, bit it'll look cool, and I've heard good things about them. Gonna have to pull the sticker off it tho... I don't think I want "homoet" in big yellow letters haha
FunkeyMonkey
Spree
Spree

Post by FunkeyMonkey »

benji wrote:So, my burial pipe fell apart at one of the seams and is now in half... so I'm back to the stock muffler w the hole drilled out. Luckily I didn't need a jet change or anything, it's running a Lil fat but it'll be ok til I get my new pipe from treatland. I special ordered an old school pipe I found out was still in production, a homoet straight expansion chamber. It looks small so it might be for a 50cc, bit it'll look cool, and I've heard good things about them. Gonna have to pull the sticker off it tho... I don't think I want "homoet" in big yellow letters haha
Sexy bike, no homoet :lol: seriously though I'd like some info on the alarm you got installed and did you ever do any type of stereo?
2001 Honda Elite 50
72cc malossi cylinder
24mm polini carb
Naraku intake
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

I installed it myself, I'm an installer. I used an avital 3100, but any basic alarm works. Pm me for easy instructions.

I'm working on the stereo now, I'm putting speakers in the glove box door and I think I'm gonna run blue tooth from my phone for the audio. I'm gonna use either an old Sony 50x2 I have or maybe this oem toyota 4runner 4 channel amp that has about 50x4
FunkeyMonkey
Spree
Spree

Post by FunkeyMonkey »

benji wrote:I installed it myself, I'm an installer. I used an avital 3100, but any basic alarm works. Pm me for easy instructions.

I'm working on the stereo now, I'm putting speakers in the glove box door and I think I'm gonna run blue tooth from my phone for the audio. I'm gonna use either an old Sony 50x2 I have or maybe this oem toyota 4runner 4 channel amp that has about 50x4
I was looking at some options online but couldnt find much stereo wise for scooters, im worried about the watts. From what i saw on the forums after lights etc theres only like 25watts?? left and then your just draining the battery.
2001 Honda Elite 50
72cc malossi cylinder
24mm polini carb
Naraku intake
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Aero 50 polini kit w/custom pipe and stage 6 carb

Post by benji »

Ya, that's true. There's a different regulator out there that supposedly gets you 100 watts, but whatever I got a kick starter a headlight shutoff switch and 2 12ah gel cel batteries haha. I'm just gonna use the stereo on long rides and scooter meets n stuff, like the ferry2ferry ride comin up in bremerton,wa
FunkeyMonkey
Spree
Spree

Post by FunkeyMonkey »

benji wrote:Ya, that's true. There's a different regulator out there that supposedly gets you 100 watts, but whatever I got a kick starter a headlight shutoff switch and 2 12ah gel cel batteries haha. I'm just gonna use the stereo on long rides and scooter meets n stuff, like the ferry2ferry ride comin up in bremerton,wa
haha i gotcha, back to the alarm. Do you have any issues with it draining battery leaving it armed overnight etc? I definitely want something for protection with how much money ive put into the scooter so far.
2001 Honda Elite 50
72cc malossi cylinder
24mm polini carb
Naraku intake
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

No, but I've upgraded my battery, which is key w electrical upgrades on these scooters. I've yet to buy a scooter w a battery that was in decent shape haha. There just too small to be useful, so I've upgraded to a 12v 12ah battery from an electric scooter I had. The biggest draw on the alarm is gonna be the flashing led light when it's armed, and very small amount for the alarm cpu to operate. Usually a fuse for an alarm w no flashing lights and just a siren is 3-5 amps, so they don't pull much even while going off, the sirens only pull like 1 amp. Although most alarms have a wire for the parking lights so the cars lights flash w the alarm, and that can take 5-15 amps alone depending on the parking light circuit and how many bulbs it has. So I hooked up the light flash to my turn signal wires w 2 diodes,making all 4 turn signals light up on arm/disarm/panic functions, and I have led bulbs for turn signals so they don't take much juice either, but normal bulbs should be fine. You can always buy a cheap "lunch box" style battery charger if you can't keep it charged. Make sense?
FunkeyMonkey
Spree
Spree

Post by FunkeyMonkey »

benji wrote:No, but I've upgraded my battery, which is key w electrical upgrades on these scooters. I've yet to buy a scooter w a battery that was in decent shape haha. There just too small to be useful, so I've upgraded to a 12v 12ah battery from an electric scooter I had. The biggest draw on the alarm is gonna be the flashing led light when it's armed, and very small amount for the alarm cpu to operate. Usually a fuse for an alarm w no flashing lights and just a siren is 3-5 amps, so they don't pull much even while going off, the sirens only pull like 1 amp. Although most alarms have a wire for the parking lights so the cars lights flash w the alarm, and that can take 5-15 amps alone depending on the parking light circuit and how many bulbs it has. So I hooked up the light flash to my turn signal wires w 2 diodes,making all 4 turn signals light up on arm/disarm/panic functions, and I have led bulbs for turn signals so they don't take much juice either, but normal bulbs should be fine. You can always buy a cheap "lunch box" style battery charger if you can't keep it charged. Make sense?
ok yeah that battery is heavy duty lol, mine is 12v 3ah. I heard about the led light draining and was thinking of just doing the alarm and siren. Any chance you could pm me how you have yours hooked up
2001 Honda Elite 50
72cc malossi cylinder
24mm polini carb
Naraku intake
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Sure, I'll just post it here for every body:

Ok, so on the alarm you buy, I suggest d.e.i. products such as python, viper, avital, clifford, automate, etc. These are just my favorite and have a lifetime warrantee.

Any alarm you buy should be ultra-basic, meaning go to the company's website and look at there alarms and find the simplest cheapest one they got, your not gonna be using many options. Don't buy any alarm "meant for a motorcycle" That's just bs and those always brake for some reason. Like every brand alarm I've found that's "for motorcycles" just doesn't work out the box or eventually quits working.

In the installation manual, you'll need to identify these wires;
Power (12v)
Ground
Ignition
Lightflash
Siren output
Starter kill
Shock sensor and shock sensor port

Power and ground are easy, just go to the battery.
Ignition is also easy-positive side of coil or parking light wire as those are usually hooked str8 to ignition on scooters.
Siren output goes to the siren, put the siren ground WITH THE ALARM GROUND or else you can get feedback thru the siren.
Lightflash is tricky-it's a positive or negative output (selectable by a switch on most brands), and i hook it up to my turn signals w diodes. Take 2 5-amp diodes(available at radio shack) and hook the side w a silver band to each turn signal wire (one diode per wire) and the other sides get tied to the light flash output so both turn signals light up w the alarm but one side won't back feed thru the other side.
Starter kill is just a relay that cuts a circuit when the bikes on and alarm is armed. You can use the starter, but I use it to cut the 12v feed wire to the coil.
One last thing is the shock sensor. Just plug it in and zip-tie it to the frame.

That's it, besides drilling a small hole for the l.e.d., which you don't have to use but is the best deterrent w an alarm-bad guys just move on to an easier target.

If your worried about alarm drain you can get a little trickle charger like I have and just charge it nightly, just make sure you get one that reads the batt so it shuts off before it over charges it. I got one from oreillys for $20
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Soooooo.... being low takes its tole on things. My motor mount just got bashed up on something and cracked into peices, leaving me w only one side of the mount left on the motor. Still runs fine, but it's not bolted to the frame correctly cuz it's missing one entire mounting tab from the mount area. So im putting together one of my other afo5e motors so I can get riding again. Going back to a port matched airsal bbk this time, aluminum/nikasil, and I'm going to not use the head gasket for higher compression.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Found out some interesting things on the aero blocks vs. the elite blocks- the newer af05 has bigger ports and more of em. And the airsal bbk won't work on it cuz it don't cover the hole in the case. The polini bore I have does fit, but the ports on it are much smaller than the oem ports or even the airsal ports. The exhaust hole is much smaller as well. This cylinder definately needs porting. But, str8 out the box it's currently doing about 50 w 6 gram rollers, white malossi contra and red 4k malossi springs in the malossi fly clutch. I think it needs a stronger contra spring, and maybe 6k clutch springs
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

d*** that's UGLY, but thats why I LIKE IT! :popcorn:
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Here's some pics of the current state. Had to go back to the oem drilled out muffler cuz my burial pipe had a bad cracked in it. Really kills the speed. Image Image Image
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

I'm currently running an 88 sa50 motor w a polini 46mm kit, no head gasket, stock gears stock bando belt and malossi vario w 5.6 gram weights n fly clutch w red "4k" springs This motor needs crank bearings I think, so I'll be breaking it all down again soon... hopefully it doesn't self-destruct before my prebug gets running. I think I'm gonna do it crazy n go w a top racing jasil crank and some case porting, polini gears w a zx trans and ruck vario, maybe try to use a taida mini rotor from an af18. Gonna be a long winter haha. W no head gasket, this thing should have high compression, but I haven't tested it yet. The starter works great tho...