Massive Honda Spree Restoring Project - Check it out!

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

Kustomkarma
Elite
Elite

Re: Massive Honda Spree Restoring Project - Check it out!

Post by Kustomkarma »

I'm impressed! That's a massive undertaking. Do they all have titles? Where did you find carburetor parts and rebuild kits?
wwolvert
Spree
Spree

Post by wwolvert »

Kustomkarma wrote:I'm impressed! That's a massive undertaking. Do they all have titles? Where did you find carburetor parts and rebuild kits?

16010-GE8-315 this carb gasket kit from Honda worked on an 87 spree for me

16155-168-681 and this float valve
Kustomkarma
Elite
Elite

Post by Kustomkarma »

Thanks for the info. ^^^ I've been looking around but haven't had much luck. I'll take a look at these.
jerz40
Elite
Elite

Post by jerz40 »

Kustomkarma wrote:I'm impressed! That's a massive undertaking. Do they all have titles? Where did you find carburetor parts and rebuild kits?

Yes it sure is! None have titles, as Michigan doesn't require them, just bill of sales. :D Nearly all of my carb parts are OEM and have been from lots I've purchased in the past year, and believe it or not I haven't purchased any new carbs or rebuild kits. Except actually I bought 1 new carb for my show room spree. :lol: But that's it.
jerz40
Elite
Elite

Post by jerz40 »

ped wrote:Very nice work. :2thumbs:
Thank You! :D
jerz40
Elite
Elite

Post by jerz40 »

eclark5483 wrote:I guess if I was gonna have a fleet of Sprees like that. I'd probably do a rainbow of colors ROY G BIV & B&W would cover 9 colors. Then maybe some 80's NEON Orange, Green, Pink, regular pink, and baby blue. Be a mighty purty collection, that's for sure.
And you are very right on this! The only reason I stuck with stock colors is because I plan on reselling them for profit, which will be used to buy more lots of sprees :lol: However, I do plan on making a nice bright orange spree with black lettering and black rims with knobby tires soon. I'll post some pics of that when I start that build.
z50 chopper
Goped
Goped

Post by z50 chopper »

jerz40 wrote: And oh yes! I've got the best Spree I've ever owned kept aside for me! I consider it the best spree on my property! :wink:
Is it a Smile or Eve with dio swap?
jerz40
Elite
Elite

Post by jerz40 »

z50 chopper wrote:
jerz40 wrote: And oh yes! I've got the best Spree I've ever owned kept aside for me! I consider it the best spree on my property! :wink:

Haha, no, it's a 1986 Red ALL Original Spree, with the Glove Box, Floor Mat, Petcock Cover, all that. I'm a big fan of the all original ones, and this one is mint and near showroom. I'll haft to post some photos of my collection. By the way nice score on the Baby Blue Spree! I just picked up that same one about a month ago and just got her going two days ago. :)
vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

Post by vintagegarage »

This might be a blue one someone would like:

http://orlando.craigslist.org/mcy/5710179109.html

Not mine, and I don't know anything about it, other than what is in the ad.
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Hmm, $450, and it even has the petcock cover (barely holding). Well, since it IS blue, as long as that is the original color. I'd haggle a bit, but I might be a bit persuaded to buy that. Those would be harder to come by around my area, but when they do show up, they go for $100-$200 at most. I wouldn't say this state is too saturated with mopeds, but man, if you ain't on a bike, on a scoot, on a motorcycle, jogging or fishing, then you ain't an Iowan.. SOO MANY kids have them. I think the classic novelty to some of those old scooters we drove as kids is taken for granted and that's why you can get one so cheap. TOTALLY WORTH IT to restore one, even if you don't have titles for them. I got VERY VERY lucky with my title just when things were looking hopeless to get one in less then 3 years without filing a bond on it with the courthouse, having this inspected, having that done.. BIG PAIN!! But, she's all mine now, titled and plated like this:

:rock:
SPREEPLATE.jpg
SPREEPLATE.jpg (18.75 KiB) Viewed 8429 times
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

I would buy it for the plastics if it was local and put them on my spree dio build. Speaaking of witch I need to go work on that im building up work inspiration looking at the garage of sprees ive just witnessed.... amazing.
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
deuce217
CB900F
CB900F

Post by deuce217 »

Solid work! I have never seen something like this. Thanks for sharing.
2000 Elite SR50 -THE PURPLE NURPLE
50mm BBK (tai)
26mm OKO (round slide) 135 Main Jet
V-8 pipe
39/18 secondary gears (7.583:1 ratio)
36 grams in Prodigy variator
Malossi Delta Clutch & WIng Bell- Thanks RED EFT
65mph GPS (on the freeway)
z50 chopper
Goped
Goped

Post by z50 chopper »

jerz40 wrote:
z50 chopper wrote:

Haha, no, it's a 1986 Red ALL Original Spree, with the Glove Box, Floor Mat, Petcock Cover, all that. I'm a big fan of the all original ones, and this one is mint and near showroom. I'll haft to post some photos of my collection. By the way nice score on the Baby Blue Spree! I just picked up that same one about a month ago and just got her going two days ago. :)

Thanx I didn't know how many people liked that blue till I posted pics. (gotta admit it is growing on me)
jerz40
Elite
Elite

Post by jerz40 »

deuce217 wrote:Solid work! I have never seen something like this. Thanks for sharing.
Thank You! Unbelievably I just found 3 days ago a local barn that was full of the sprees and the yamaha razzs. Ending up getting several more sprees to work on, lol, this is literally "Spree World USA" :lol: Will haft to post some pics. Does anyone have a Yamaha Razz and need parts? I have 2 whole bikes.
Littlesprite
BMX
BMX

Post by Littlesprite »

Hot d*** that's a lot of SPREE ACTION! Really inspires me to restore mine. I think a lot of the parts on mine are stock, so I'd try to keep it that way. Though the carb and I think the starter are giving out. How much did all this cost you dude? For one maybe not too much, that's really some impressive project planning. I can barely finish repairing a turn pair of pants. My hat is off to you! Can't wait to see even more. And please tell me you will ride them like a giant spree army!