Honda Spree Build

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

Hollandgriff
Noob
Noob

Honda Spree Build

Post by Hollandgriff »

I have an '87 Honda spree.Recently added a 75cc big bore kit from chop shop to it. New rear suspension, cdi, coil, and gearing (also from chopshop).

Looking to get a new Carb for the new 75cc bore. Not sure what carb size or anything.If you could help me out on how you think I should set this up, that would be great. Links were I can buy would be appreciated. Thanks.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Honda Spree Build

Post by Meatball »

http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=33591

Read this till your eyes bleed...last few pages deal with carb and intake but theres great info on every page.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

First of all, what you have is a 68cc BBK, not a 75cc. But anyway, see this post:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=33591&p=296107#p295922

Alt carb/intake setup, try here:

http://japan.webike.net/products/375578.html
motormike

Post by motormike »

Hollandgriff wrote:added a 75cc big bore kit from chop shop to it.

To be clear, seller is "chopchop*123"... :urban:
What's more, he can be found here as "tazland001"
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
Meloshameless
Elite
Elite

Post by Meloshameless »

Go no bigger than a 21mm carb. 17.5- 19mm would be ideal. Scooterswapshop.com has polini cp carbs. There the best. Easy tuning.
2000 Honda SR (purple swurp)
corsa
naruku
polini 21 cp 36/106 pod filter
polini vari 5.5 gram
zx trans
Polini evo2 clutch/bell yellow springs (slacked) yellow contra
Yasuni C16
stock crank/gears=wheelie machine
70 mph/12,470 rpm Trail tech vapor verified
Hollandgriff
Noob
Noob

Post by Hollandgriff »

So after gatgering parts and installing this winter, i cant get it to start. I added the polini carb kit from scooter swap shop (21mm) and the upgraded intake from webikejapan along with the peoples pipe. Any ideas of why it wont start? Has compression, has gas, has spark... what did i do wrong???
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

I suspect you are having an issue that I am currently contending with. You are way way too rich!! First of all, don't use the choke. Adjust the air/fuel mix screw counter clockwise about 4, yes 4 turns, and see if you can get it started. You may have flooded it too !! Take the spark plug out and see if that plug is wet. Never give it gas to start except (MAYBE) hold the throttle back about 1/8th the way.

But again, I suspect you might be running pretty rich. Once you get it started, if it keeps smoking at idle after warming up a bit, you'll know.

The Polini CP carb comes with a #40 Pilot and #100 main, you'll wanna get a set of pilot jets like I did and take that down to a 32 or 34.

ON THE FLIP SIDE.

Since you may be the first time starting it, you MIGHT NOT be getting any gas. Again, remove the plug, then just spray some carb cleaner down into it, put the plug back on, and see if she fires up for ya!

Mine took me a little trial and error too at first to figure out how to start it right. In an ideal setting, it should always start without touching the throttle or using the choke.
SpreeorDie85
Goped
Goped

Post by SpreeorDie85 »

Post some pics man. I look at hondaspree.net like its brazzers or something lol....love seeing other peoples spree's.
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Yes, PICS!!