What Where Which Fuel Line?

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Kustomkarma
Elite
Elite

What Where Which Fuel Line?

Post by Kustomkarma »

I'm still fiddling with my '84 Spree - replacing just about everything as I go lol. The previous owner had rigged up all kinds of janky fuel lines, so I figured I'll replace all of them. The question is what size is the inside diameter? Where can I purchase some? Finally which brand should I buy? I'd like to buy enough to do a few scoots, so buying a roll is ok too.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Re: What Where Which Fuel Line?

Post by Meatball »

The inside diameter of the fuel line is really not the question. Its what will squeeze snugly onto the petcock and carb bung. I get bulk fuel line from my local auto parts store for $1/ft or so and its just clear hose rated for fuel. I suggest bringing your petcock to the store with you to test out the sizes they have before you buy. The actual OEM size is typically not carried and will need to be obtained from a Honda dealer if it really matters to you, and youll pay a tidy sum for it.

Keep in mind that the vac hose is a smaller diameter so youll need a different size for that. Its best to have the petcock with you so you can gauge both sizes needed. You should be able to walk out of the store with a couple feet of each size for $10 or less total.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
kevinv710
Spree
Spree

Post by kevinv710 »

bring your old fuel/vaccum hoses to local hardware or autoparts store they will matched it up for you, add on a small fuel filter onto those fuel hoses if you like to, they are cheap, but go with good brand name one, avoid unbrand cheap chinese stuff.........rubber or clear one on your choice, rubber last 3-5 yrs or longer, clear one last only one season, but looks cool, if you have to go with clear hose, get Prime Line brand the best i know of.
otto-man
Spree
Spree

Post by otto-man »

I've been using Tygon brand fuel line for years in all my scooters. It is clear yellow, so you can see what's going through, and available at most auto stores. It's a good quality product and haven't had any issues with it. The size for the fuel line is 3/16" ID and 5/16" OD. This size will work for the vacuum side, but is not very snug without clamps.
Kustomkarma
Elite
Elite

Post by Kustomkarma »

Thanks for the suggestions! Will 5mm fuel line work? I've also seen 4.5mm listed - is that fuel or vacuum line size?
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Honda fuel is 5mm ID. Vacuum is 4mm ID. Most American auto-parts and home improvement stores carry only SAE line - at least all the stores I've found, and the 1/4" is too big for a tight fit on the carb bung. You can find it using online retailers a lot cheaper and easier. Sold by the foot, meter or whatever. Get lots. It's cheap.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Kustomkarma
Elite
Elite

Post by Kustomkarma »

I think I have found a supplier online that sells genuine Honda stuff for a good price. I had the digital caliper out last night measuring hose IDs and the barbs on the carb and fuel petcock lol.