AHH, I might just have to sell it.

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

AHH, I might just have to sell it.

Post by eclark5483 »

So here's the problem. The dude I bought my second Iowa Edition Spree from over in Council Bluffs, HAS STILL NOT SENT ME THE d*** TITLE! I have a nice little collection of rare NQ50 parts and accessories sitting on my shelf (petcock cover, glove box, etc, etc.. so I have already made a significant investment into the project I was hoping to start by now. As for the scooter itself, I have not, and will not put one minute of my time, or one penny of my income into the restoration process till I have title in hand. So now it looks like I'm gonna have to go down and file a stupid bond on it because this idiot is * me around. I've already had the police run it through, it is not stolen, and is in the name of the guy I bought it from, the dude just doesn't respond to calls or texts. I can understand hard up for cash and the ex girl friend kicks ya out. But come on now!!! It only costs $25 to take your lazy posterior over to the clerks office and have a new one issued, raise your weakly arm up enough to sign the d*** back, and dig in your d*** couch for some change to put it in a d*** envelope and mail it off. I understand "LOST" title, but "too d*** lazy/cheap to go get it, is just rude.

So do I give up the idea of another Iowa Spree restoration?? Nope, but the way it's looking, this will not be that bike. So I'll either dismantle it and use it for spare parts, or perhaps I might sell it off by parts and recoup my losses. Or I can wait out the bond process and get a title for it eventually.

I always sell for a fair "enthusiasts" price, not an over bloated "I'M OUT TO MAKE SOME CASH" eBay swindler price. So yeah... not sure of the direction I'm going now, but I do have planned tweaks for the Hawkeye's Spree including Ported Tazland BBK, Ported Kitaco, smaller (17mm) Polini. Looking to have the world's fastest AF05 Spree. Got 1man8scoots helping me out with that.
Kustomkarma
Elite
Elite

Re: AHH, I might just have to sell it.

Post by Kustomkarma »

Missing titles seem to be the biggest problem that Ive encountered when messing with scooters. They're never stolen or anything, its just that people don't take them seriously enough to safegaurd their paperwork. A lot of people find a good titled frame and swap all the parts over or you could keep it for parts. The second biggest problem I've found is neglect and abuse so you're likely going to need to replace a bunch of stuff anyway. I sold a bunch of "extra" parts I had - now I'm having to buy them all over again.
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Yeah, that's what I'm worried about if I part it out.. what if I need this part, what if I need that part. The thing of it is, after I file a bond, in order for me to be issued a title, the bike must be shown to work in a condition that is legal for the highway. And OF COURSE it will when I am done with it, the thing of it is, I don't want to put it in that condition until that title is in my hands. The plastics on it are in pretty decent shape... much better shape then the first Spree, but the brake light is busted, the petcock was removed, the carb is in a box. I was gonna do a 12T(stock) gear build on it with ported SB50 reeds, Kitaco, Polini, etc. But now that the Kitaco has been discontinued, I had decided on the variated AF05E swap instead... Yeah, like I said, I have LOTS AND LOTS of RARE parts, don't think for a second I'm gonna put them on just to get this thing going again for a title. I'd rather pick off what I want to keep, and part out the rest.
kevinv710
Spree
Spree

Post by kevinv710 »

keep it, or sell it back as no title Ecl, don't part it out....only some common hot parts going gone quick, but the rest un-wanted parts stay forever.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Titles are a common issue. I personally try to collect scooters (or frames) with titles just to use for scoots with no titles. 2 into 1!
I always check the vin if it's stolen, but I'm pretty used to the no title deal so no title isn't a huge deal for me.

On stripping scoots for parts, I try to make package deals with people. I'll try to sell a whole fork instead of just a tree, multiple body panels together, I'll even throw in little stuff from time to time just to make the deal go thru. But there's always leftovers...
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Think I figured one thing I can part with. The oil pump. I have Mr. Jumps ground down pump gears in my Hawkeye's Spree, I have the original pump double ziplocked and stored. Hmm, think I'm gonna have to do an audit now. I have parts I picked up from way back. Thinking of snatching up a Mikuni with Kitaco setup, which are still available (for now), even though the Kitaco itself was discontinued. It's an alternate, though more expensive way of getting ahold of one, but on the plus side, you get the complete carb/intake swap kit. I could always use it to build the (AF05) engine I want. But then I want the plastics too. Can never have enough starters, carbs are replaceable for better, I'll sell those cheap, be nice to find an alternative adapter to the Kitaco. Reeds, I guess, are useless to me unless ported. I can use the clutch as a 2nd spare. Just ship it off to JW Parts Plus for repadding and Yellow Leo Vince springs. heII I don't know.. I'm just wall punching mad that I'm dying to hop up this other AF05 but hitting unnecessary walls. I totally had myself focused on creating an "IOWA CYCLONES" Spree this summer and have it done for the annual Polaris bike ralley. Totally want to show the "BROTHER" Sprees off.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

The way i see it, it's yours. You paid for it. With a title, it's a scooter, w/o it's a very complete pile of parts, but either way it's yours now. You got a bill of sale, right?
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

eclark5483 wrote: Yellow Leo Vince springs.
Save your money. The Yellow Leo Vince springs you were kind enough to supply me with were a perfect fit, however, it only increased the engagement point about 200 rpm's. It made almost no difference on the sluggish take-offs. If there was a way to increase the launch another 2000 rpm's I think it would be closer to peak hp/torque.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Thanks for the info meatball, already have the Leo Vince springs, might as well use them, 200 RPM more is better then nothing at all, and I agree, would be nice to find something that raised it into the power band even higher. But, it is what it is. And yes, I do have a bill of sale.
thxcuz
BMX
BMX

Post by thxcuz »

You can always sell it to someone in a state that doesn't need to register under 50cc.
Big McLargehuge!