Tuning advice for AF05 project

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Tuning advice for AF05 project

Post by Meatball »

kevinv710 wrote:http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-CR80-FMF- ... Og&vxp=mtr
if you want to try on this one, come to my house and get it...its yours Meatball....
As soon as I get my bugs figured out and Im to the point of exhaust, I will surely take you up on that. I have 3 different exhaust to play with for the AF05 and Im down for testing other options. My neighbor is a master welder and can fab like a boss. I'll let you know when that day comes...thanks, Kev.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Had time to wrench today and got the STOCK pipe, clutch, belt, contra spring and heavier (6.9g) rollers installed. Jetting is not right but I went around the block before rains started. It has a slight hiccup around mid way in the curve. Almost like its being choked out at about 20mph range then it "clears its throat" and pulls nice up to 45. From 0-20 it sounds/pulls great too, just that one spot. Very likely just roller weight too high. I dont have a long enough road to test max rpm's but I hit 45 at 7900rpm rather quickly. I will re-jet and re-test later in the week.

Cant do much more testing now since its starting to rain here and my neighborhood is 25mph zone. Cant venture too far from home with rain clouds overhead ready to dump any minute. Stay tuned!
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Haha, that one looks cool Kev! Is it for a 2t tho? Looks like just a silencer not an expansion pipe.

Meatball-just change the pipe for now, or the main jet(definitely do plug chops) Do things one at a time, even if you know it'll run like s***. It may reveal something your not seeing.
kevinv710
Spree
Spree

Post by kevinv710 »

Details
FMF's Power Core 2 Silencer is your go-to 2 stroke option for a can that gives you a great sound, great quality, and a great fit that'll go well with your dirt bike or ATV.
pipe info here benji!
The Power Core II is right in the meat and potatoes of FMFÔÇÖs 2 stroke line up with its lightweight extruded 6061 aluminum silencer, classic oval shape, and perforated core providing good all around performance.

The reliable design gives a boost to the low and mid rpms along with a deeper tone that makes your smokerÔÇÖs bark more of a growl. That makes the Power Core II great for just about any type of riding whether it's wooded single track or open desert.

Specs:
Lightweight 6061 T6 aluminum oval body
Stainless steel end cap and stinger
Increased performance in low and mid ranges
Great for all types of riding
Gives deeper tone to exhaust note
Easy maintenance and repacking
Made 100% in the USA