01 Elite SR "GOOCH"

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Re: 01 Elite SR "GOOCH"

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Yeah that's my goal my said she'd watch the dudes overnight at her place and the wife is gone so I'll be free. Hopefully by then she will be better dialed.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Well my carb took a dump last night and long story short I'm now running a 26mm polini carb that G9 had sitting on his shelf used with low Miles. Beggars can't be choosers.
Tuning this is gonna be different for me a little. Having some issues on throttle launch and down revving. So when I'm riding and after I leave off the gas it doesn't drop all the way back down to idle which should be around 2200 rpms or so. I hangs up then will drop way low then raise back up. Thinking it's lean might up jet the pj.
On take off it kinda sputters then once rpms are up I can rip the ish out of it. 3/4 throttle is super responsive but there are points where wot bogs.
Unfortunately won't have much time before spring scoot to tune it completely but it'll run.
Good thing is temps are low and 3/4 throttle is spot on so now to just get the pj and mj tweaked.
This is the first time that she has left me along side the road and needing assistance so I'm not gonna complain to much.
Huge shout out to Scooterswapshop for being there and a shout to his wife for putting bale of hay in the truck. You guys rock #swapshoporgohome
Attachments
IMG_9509.JPG
IMG_9509.JPG (47.22 KiB) Viewed 10503 times
IMG_9510.JPG
IMG_9510.JPG (55.21 KiB) Viewed 10503 times
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Rip_City_Spree wrote:Well my carb took a dump
What happened?
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Was cruising and slowed down and went open it up and it just bogged. So I determined that it was the carb and pulled it apart( thankfully I always carry enough tools to pretty take my whole bike apart) and noticed that needle was sticking out the bottom of the main jet. So I pulled the cable and found the needle clip came loose. Fixed that went to reassemble and found the little pin pictured was missing the little spring that attaches to the float. Ok might run without it. Went to put bowl on and it would go on. Determined that the copper overflow pipe was binding on the float and inner cylinder of the carb. So spent about 30 minutes bending it trying to get it to go back together to no avail. At this point G9 came to the rescue and we loaded her up in his truck. Considering I got over 100 hours on the carb I'm not complaining as it's been a great carb up till then. I was just going to buy a new one when G9 said he had a 26mm sitting on a shelf with 10 miles on it. "Throw it on and try it" "sure why not"
So now I just need to figure out the tuning on it. Which won't be to bad when I got the time but will just throw some dice and try to make a change to the slow needle and mj at once as I need it braaaping by tomorrow morning and I have no way to ride it till then. So I'll just putter around tonight and try to get it close. Thinking I'm lean on the pj as I didn't change it from what comes with it so I'll pull that first and see what it is. Running a 112 mj which ran extremely cold on the way home the other night and I still ran it hard. So I might drop that to a 110. And the needle I'll just play by ear.
Attachments
IMG_9516.JPG
IMG_9516.JPG (37.64 KiB) Viewed 10496 times
IMG_9515.JPG
IMG_9515.JPG (28.14 KiB) Viewed 10496 times
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Had a few minutes to play with the carb. Went up with pj to 38 from a 34. Got a good idle at 1 3/4 out. No more hanging on the rpms. Dropped the mj to 110 from a 112 as it was bogging on wot. Amazingly enough I had 30 minutes with no kids no wife no work so I took her out for a test hit.

The results were great super crisp down low up to 3/5 throttle. Still getting some bog at full throttle at a 110. Will try to lean the needle one notch and see if that helps. Even with a 4" stretch and poorly tuned cvt(I wait till I got the carb dialed before doing to much tuning on it) it still wants to pull the front end off the ground. Not bad for an unported corsa and my suspect tuning.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Xxbeejay45xx
Elite
Elite

Post by Xxbeejay45xx »

That's a good idea to bring tools along the ride with you, Looking good Rip city!
95 Elite SR af16e
72cc Polini Corsa
28 Oko Carb 58/144
Ported intake
ZX Trans
Polini vari, clutch, springs
5.5 rollers
Malossi crank , CDI
Genuine Arrow pipe
Front and Rear disc brakes
Dio Live headset
Stretch and fatty rear wheel
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Always carry my tools. Got everything I need for variator clutch carb and most everything else. Always be prepared.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

I try to be prepared but it's never enough haha. Luckily I own a truck to pick my scooter up with.

I saw yours at spring scoot, looks good in real life too haha.
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

You were in town? Did I meet you and just not remember I don't think I was that inebriated. Did you ride on Saturday?
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

I think I saw you when you guys showed up, but I didn't meet you. I was the one in the green hoodie limping around. I was there sat.
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Oh yeah your foots not right. She was a muddy mess after we got back to the shop. 4" stretch no fender = a wet * and muddy bike. Sorry that I missed ya. Should come down and ride this summer. Did you see the white aero with all the jap plastics?
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

At sss? Yes. Are those Jdm plastics? I didn't notice, but I did look at it. I saw the dio baja(jealous).

the rain and mud killed my carb. Literally haha. It jammed my float up and got my choke stuck closed. Wouldn't free up til it dried out a little. I just watched the pack pull away as I sputtered to the side of the road haha.

I'm definitely gonna be down there this summer. Lots of cool spots to ride looks like.
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Hey guys looking for some feedback. Had a few minutes to trouble shoot. Currently running af16 corsa pg long 26mm polini with a 38 pj 116mj clip in the middle. I just went up the 116 as it was not bogging at wot but hesitating. Now it's great up to 3/4 then bog then it kinda spits/backfires. No I haven't done a plug chop. The plug is fairly new. Any thoughts TIA.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

had the girl out last night. put about 50 miles on her. I have been attempting to to tune in the new 26mm carb and its getting the better of me. I currently running 120mj with the clip all the way down. pretty much as rich as I can make it right now with what I have.. it is still having issues at WOT at times with lack of power. and my temps are low. I pushed the * out of it last night and the highest temp I got was 345 and that was on the longest steepest hill I ride. and that was wot hitting in the mid 50 mph range up the hill so I was pushing it hard. but basic cruising temps barely get to 300 which doesnt help how it runs. it likes to run low to mid 300 degree temps. If I lean it out it runs like crap WOT. so I think im going in the right direction. I have to see if I have any higher jets and if not Ill find a 122 and try that. think I need to go up one on the mj and lean out the needle. as the mid range is suffering with it all the way rich. this bike typically like a leaner needle setting. its screams when temps are up and I can run it wot. but still think it has more on the top than what im getting.

I need to do some trans tuning as I missing the powerband early in the throttle. not much but I do notice when I hit the throttle it goes then kinda slows then hits the power band. I havent really played with the rollers for a bit and I think im running 5g all around. so Ill need to tweak those to hit that higher rpm sooner. I also think my contra is tired and isnt helping my cause much.

In the meantime I need to tear apart my headset and front and try to tight up the steering nut. as I think my stem is a bit loose. Im getting some wobble which is a bit troublesome. while im in there im going to move my temp gauge inside the by the speedo and throw on my new under cowl which has been sitting on my shelf. got some work to do.
Attachments
IMG_9776.JPG
IMG_9776.JPG (58.72 KiB) Viewed 10154 times
IMG_9774.JPG
IMG_9774.JPG (101.06 KiB) Viewed 10154 times
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Back in May you were running 110...now youre looking for 122. Is that because you switched from Malossi Sport Cast to the Corsa? Ive been having jetting headaches lately too and was wondering.

Sorry if this was already answered. I dont have time right now to read 35 pages to see when you changed kits.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.