*****1987 Honda Elite 50 S Pictures Fixed*****Updated

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

SpreeorDie85
Goped
Goped

*****1987 Honda Elite 50 S Pictures Fixed*****Updated

Post by SpreeorDie85 »

Just picked it up yesterday. I purchased it from the OG owner. It has right around 1800 miles. Really cool guy offered to help anyway he could with the Elite. His reason for selling was a combination of his wife, garage space & his growing collection of racing bicycles (Lance Armstrong style).Way more everything then my Spree. Runs amazing, the previous owner took really could care of it. I could tell he was sad :sad: :sad: :sad: to see it go. I assured him it was going to a good home. I found it on CL while looking for Spree parts & could not pass it up. I paid $500 probably a little to much. Sorry it took me so long to update the pictures. I would also like to say thank you for showing me the postimage.org. Way better alternative to photobucket. I HAVE NOT GIVEN UP ON MY SPREE. Stockpiling parts and waiting for Taz carb kit.I just want to be able to still ride something.

Last edited by SpreeorDie85 on Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SpreeorDie85
Goped
Goped

Re: 1987 Honda Elite 50 S

Post by SpreeorDie85 »

Updated post. Yo should be able to see the pics to all that could not before.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Re: *****1987 Honda Elite 50 S Pictures Fixed*****Updated

Post by Meatball »

NICE SCOOT! :2thumbs:
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
SpreeorDie85
Goped
Goped

Post by SpreeorDie85 »

Meatball wrote: NICE SCOOT! :2thumbs:
Appreciate it.
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Very nice find indeed. My daughter would absolutely love that color. If she were mine I'd put it in the most pristine condition possible with every accessory I could, and make it unique. Quite the rare scooter you have there.
SpreeorDie85
Goped
Goped

Post by SpreeorDie85 »

eclark5483 wrote:Very nice find indeed. My daughter would absolutely love that color. If she were mine I'd put it in the most pristine condition possible with every accessory I could, and make it unique. Quite the rare scooter you have there.
Enlighten me on this please.
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

First of all, the engine would get an overhaul of course. I'd install a topbox on the rear, temp and rpm gauges on the handlebars, restore the turn signal brackets, windshield, mp3 player (with speakers mounted into the topbox), LED underglow, and powder coated frame & rims (color matched in pink/lavender). Yeah, I'd pimp that ride and give it to my daughter as a backup to her Toadette TaoTao.
Jonadz
Spree
Spree

Post by Jonadz »

Are you the guy that buys every chrome stick on accessory at auto-zone for your dodge neon? Just yanking your chain elclark.
motormike

Post by motormike »

*You did good duder... :smile:
Sweet scheme...enjoy the new thrill that lives beyond the Spree world... :urban: ...kudos
Attachments
Scooter mods.jpg
Scooter mods.jpg (57.98 KiB) Viewed 11682 times
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
Jonadz
Spree
Spree

Post by Jonadz »

Ha!
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

If youre looking to upgrade, I have a Polini Variator for this motor. Low miles. $55 shipped...lmk

Have other goodies too from my old SE50 motor build...depends what youre looking for.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
SpreeorDie85
Goped
Goped

Post by SpreeorDie85 »

Just ordered some cool s***...top secret. :popcorn: you'll have to wait and see .
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Jonadz wrote:Are you the guy that buys every chrome stick on accessory at auto-zone for your dodge neon?
I guess honestly, I have 2 trains of thought.

1. Preserve, which is a priority over 2.
2. Accessorize

Might explain my 86' restore a bit better. But really, it's about my kids. Scooters, for better or worse, will be pretty much their only means of transportation, so, I feel that since it will be what it is, you might as well make it usable, functional, and eye pleasing. On a 30+ year old scooter, you first focus on the body restoration and engine tuning, then add function like tach and CHT readings to maintain it, then add all the glitz, glamour, and glory. The end result is you don't have a scoot that's all busted up and ugly, it looks brand new. Underneath all the addons, is a well preserved machine.

Meh, it's a hobby I guess.
SpreeorDie85
Goped
Goped

Post by SpreeorDie85 »

Just sold the 85 Spree to a friend from school. It was hard to see it go. The funds are going to the Elite and 86 Spree.

VIVA Felix!!!
SpreeorDie85
Goped
Goped

Post by SpreeorDie85 »

eclark5483 wrote:
Jonadz wrote:Are you the guy that buys every chrome stick on accessory at auto-zone for your dodge neon?
I guess honestly, I have 2 trains of thought.

1. Preserve, which is a priority over 2.
2. Accessorize

Might explain my 86' restore a bit better. But really, it's about my kids. Scooters, for better or worse, will be pretty much their only means of transportation, so, I feel that since it will be what it is, you might as well make it usable, functional, and eye pleasing. On a 30+ year old scooter, you first focus on the body restoration and engine tuning, then add function like tach and CHT readings to maintain it, then add all the glitz, glamour, and glory. The end result is you don't have a scoot that's all busted up and ugly, it looks brand new. Underneath all the addons, is a well preserved machine.

Meh, it's a hobby I guess.

I don't always agree with your styling "choices" :smile: lol but your philosophy on scooters is on point!!