80cc carb set up?

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Ncp546
Noob
Noob

80cc carb set up?

Post by Ncp546 »

This may be completely wrong or potentially not true ( have not measured the bore myself) but I purchased a spree that I was told was bored out to a 80cc. Its the stock cylinder 49 but he was a machinist and did the work himself. The spree than sat for 2 years and our ethanol fuel we have gummed up the carb. I then cleaned out the carb and now for the life of me cannot get it to run good. Stock carb, stock air filter. He told me to back the air mixture screw out incredibly far. But after tinkering with it for a few days now im at a loss. Im starting to think I need a different carb. 91 octane running 32:1 with a new spark plug, new cdi and coil. Any help would be appreciated. :thumbwink:

Nick
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Re: 80cc carb set up?

Post by Meatball »

To achieve 80cc on a Spree with a stock stroke, youd need a 52mm bore. I call :bs: on boring the stock cylinder to get there. Even then, youd never get the stock 13mm carb to work with 80cc.

Typical story here. Guy tries random things to make his scoot faster...it doesnt work and sells it.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
cancunia
Spree
Spree

Re: 80cc carb set up?

Post by cancunia »

Backing out the air screw will make the mixture leaner. What colour is the spark plug after you've had the engine running? What notch is the carb needle on? What size jets do you have?