Straight cut secondary gear's for my 99 sa50p.

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

hondapowersr
BMX
BMX

Straight cut secondary gear's for my 99 sa50p.

Post by hondapowersr »

I just purchased the following for stage one of my elite S build.

Polini variator
Jet kit for stock carb
Yellow mollassi 1500 clutch center spring
Polini Clutch spring set
16x42 gears.
Stage 2 ( next paycheck) will be polini corsa 70cc kit, gienelli pipe, 24mm carb and intake, and temperture/ rpm measuring devices.

The thing is, the gears I got were straight cut. I didn't even think about it when I ordered, but would need straight cut primary gears to match? It all just arrived and I'm excited to install but before I open my gear case, I want to make sure I don't need to get some matching primary gears to go along with them?
hondapowersr
BMX
BMX

Re: Straight cut secondary gear's for my 99 sa50p.

Post by hondapowersr »

Now that I'm looking at how it's actually put together, I don't believe I need primary gears ( at least yet) they seem to be straight cut from factory anyway, and I don't think they need to match. Kind of answered my own question, but I'd anyone has any input from past experiance, I would love to hear it
bonesv

Re: Straight cut secondary gear's for my 99 sa50p.

Post by bonesv »

The stock primary gears are not straight cut gears, the stock secondary gears are. You will have to have the gear on the axle shaft pressed off and new gear pressed on facing the correct way. Also, you may have to use a thinner steel washer instead of the teflon/plastic one in between the smaller gear and the case to eliminate binding. Good luck with the build!
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861