Dio motor sleeper

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Rajahdat
Noob
Noob

Dio motor sleeper

Post by Rajahdat »

What’s up guy.
I’m from Hawaii and wanted to know if any of you guys build any sleeper(quiet and fast) mopeds? Everyone here runs the same thing malossi/polini kit pipe,carb,etc.. just wanted to know if any of you guys got tips for making a quiet and quick moped thanks 🤙
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Dio motor sleeper

Post by Meatball »

Tall order there...homologated pipes (street legal sound levels) are restrictive and dont produce much power. Also, quiet air filters simply wont provide enough air velocity in the venturi to make use of any other parts. We put the bigger carbs, intakes, reeds, bores and exhausts on there to increase flow as well as providing other scientific improvments to the operational function of a 2-stroke. If you would THEN add a restictive exhaust and air box to make a “sleeper”, the motor would most certainly be....asleep.

Edit: you can make a quiet build, no doubt. It can be a vast improvement over stock, sure, but you’ll get spanked by the loud dio’s easily.

I had to run a stock exhaust for a few weeks on a Corsa build because my Arrow fell apart. It was much quieter but I lost 10mph up top and take-offs were not like before. Still had loud BRAAAP from the air pod I was using and Im sure if I switched to a stock box it wouldve gotten quiet....and even slower.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
motormike

Post by motormike »

Great answer Meatball
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

Swap in a stock gy6 150cc they will never see you com’in
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
hondapowersr
BMX
BMX

Post by hondapowersr »

Rocking stock pipe because my aarow broke to :( it's quiet for sure, but doesn't do this corsa any justice without totally retuning my cvt. Sss is hooking me up with a out of production 2fast pipe can't wait to ditch this stock one again
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

If its the 2fast pipe Im thinking of...it spanks the Arrow. Say goodbye to sleeper mode tho.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.