My 1999 Elite S with 230 miles.

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

hondapowersr
BMX
BMX

Re: My 1999 Elite S with 230 miles.

Post by hondapowersr »

I am collecting parts for a disc swap and jdm tail. I have some nice mirrors but waiting for them to come back from powdercoater.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Well if you need insight on which parts are compatible, give a shout.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

Do you still have the stock cylinder and piston/rings? How about the stock exhaust pipe?
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
hondapowersr
BMX
BMX

Post by hondapowersr »

Yes, I still have stock everything. Layer of 2smoke oil on everything and wrapped up and stored.
hondapowersr
BMX
BMX

Post by hondapowersr »

Going for 80 mph tomorrow. Got 2fast pipe, and matched the boost port to the corsa. Hit 74mph barley tucked on an Arrow pipe at 12080 rpm. So I think 80 plus is possible with a 2fast pipe. Racing a mildly built grom down the airstrip tomorrow, wish me luck
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Bruh, I eat Groms for lunch as a steady diet. Even mildly modified ones. I have not tested on a heavily modified Grom since those arent around my area much. Usual bolt-ons like pipe, cam, etc.. cant hang with me. My build consists of ported Corsa, ported/matched case, mini stroke crank, ported intake, Yasuni pipe, ZX with Ruck vari, 8.4 gears and other typical supporting bits. Its tuned pretty fat and safe for long wot runs and never gets above 360. I could easily lean it up to make is scream even harder but my typical ride has a 10min blast down the highway with a hill climb at the end and dont want it heating up.

You should be able to jump in front of the Groms pretty easy from the gate and once you reach 70...they’ll never be able to reel you in. Expect to drag em down the strip with 10 car lengths. If you can mount a rear facing GoPro Id love see that footage for a laugh.
hondapowersr
BMX
BMX

Post by hondapowersr »

I finally got a 70+ run on video. Using rollers that where from aarow pipe, not 2fast. And wrong clutch springs.. up a slight incline and 15mph headwind here. 291 degrees. 13180 rpm. 3 gram rollers on the way. And red clutch springs for s6.

https://youtu.be/0Wj7KTWte1I
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Something seems fishy with these claims. I know what that combo can do. :bs:
Last edited by Meatball on Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

I'm just wondering why you didn't turn around and try a run with a 15-MPH Tailwind?
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
hondapowersr
BMX
BMX

Post by hondapowersr »

What's fishy about it? It's on video.. ask Brandon from scooter swap shop hes VERY familiar with what is in my elite
hondapowersr
BMX
BMX

Post by hondapowersr »

The video link is right there^^^
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Tell me how you raised compression with the o-ringed Corsa head and use the stock crank for 110 octane without detonation. Tell me how your 55/110 works for you on that 24mm PWK again. Tell me how you split the case, matched the boost port, didnt open the intake windows then reassembled with the stock crank again. Tell me about hitting 74 @ 12080 with 9:1’s and an Arrow up an incline into the wind. Tell me about your 81mph like your Facebook posts claim.

Actually, dont tell me...I already know whats up. Nice scooter anyways still.
hondapowersr
BMX
BMX

Post by hondapowersr »

You honestly have no idea what's up hahaha. Try using actual factual tuning methods. I've raced shifter carts since I was 7, and work on paramotors as a side job. How does my 24mm like those jets? Idk but I know I get about an hour of riding out of a tank. And my temps stay under 300 degrees full tilt. I use a wideband for tuning, I just slipped a piece tube with a bung in between silencer and pipe. Not proper placement by the way it really should be 8 to 12 inches from the jug. A thermocouple in my slip fit connected to a fluke meter, and a knock sensor. Everyone seems to doubt me and it makes me sad :( and actually my vapor says max of 13180 rpm. Sorry if you have not had good luck with a stock crank, but keep in mind the low miles on mine. Also, I didnt have to raise compression on anything, but if I were to do so I would use a thinner base gasket. You might be thinking of my turbo nighthawk, that I had to use a thicker head gasket to LOWER compression for boost on pump gas. Your more then welcome to watch when I tear it down this fall. You can see everything that's in it. Also, 81 mph was not on video so i stopped claiming it because of nay sayers. But dont worry. I have a windjammer coming from steady garage that supposedly puts this 2fast to shame. We will see tho.
hondapowersr
BMX
BMX

Post by hondapowersr »

And that video hitting 75 not 74 was with 2fast. My aarow hit 74. If you don't think that 2fast is good for 6 more mph then your crazy. I'm about to put my gf on it when my new front tire comes, and send it. Shes half my weight and about 5 times more aerodynamic lol. Windjammer. Zx trans, and the rest of my parts for disc brake swap are in the mail.
hondapowersr
BMX
BMX

Post by hondapowersr »

One last thing. I am also pretty surprised at this stock crank. I'm surprised I have not sent it through the case and all the way back to Japan. Aa long as it lasts to fall or winter, I'll be making a coffee table piece out of it and my other stock parts. Dropped off a blown up af16 and a blown up horizontal Zuma motor at the machine shop 2 months ago. They are cutting the af16 cases, and making a baseplate, to run a Zuma cyl, crank, and vari, on my af16. I'm going for a Frankenstein build. They almost have it figured out. Once they get mine done, they will offer it as a service for people if theres enough demand. They didnt believe me when I told then the amount of people who build these things. I guess that's a trend. I'm about to just give up posting anymore here or Facebook. In all the hobbies I've been into (RC, shiftercart, autocross, Extreme overclocking and PC building, rock crawling jeeps, motorcycling) I've never been called a liar. Sorry my bike performs better then almost any stock crank elite out there. I guess maybe I should just put it away for another 20 years, that's about how I feel at this point