Exhaust leak

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Rajahdat
Noob
Noob

Exhaust leak

Post by Rajahdat »

I have a v8, 72cc malossi cast iron, 28oko..
About last week I noticed my exhaust started to leak on to my block.
On my way home from work it leaked very bad, carb started to flood/ bog once I rev my bike.
I replaced spark plug and my exhaust gasket, cleaned carb.. did a test run and it still leaks(not as bad as my ride home), only bottom of exhaust leaks.

Any help would be appreciated..also not sure if this is the problem, one of my exhaust screws broke from block where you would screw in both bolts to hold down exhaust
ntonar
Spree
Spree

Re: Exhaust leak

Post by ntonar »

motormike

Post by motormike »

Rajahdat wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:44 am I have a v8, 72cc malossi cast iron, 28oko..
About last week I noticed my exhaust started to leak on to my block.
On my way home from work it leaked very bad, carb started to flood/ bog once I rev my bike.
I replaced spark plug and my exhaust gasket, cleaned carb.. did a test run and it still leaks(not as bad as my ride home), only bottom of exhaust leaks.

Any help would be appreciated..also not sure if this is the problem, one of my exhaust screws broke from block where you would screw in both bolts to hold down exhaust
DUH ! !...YES the broken exhaust bolt(stud) IS THE PROBLEM.
smh...mm :roll:
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
Rajahdat
Noob
Noob

Post by Rajahdat »

It’s not the stud where exhaust and bore meets, it’s the screws where fan is the broke on block..I’ll post a pic soon
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

Rajahdat wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:04 am It’s not the stud where exhaust and bore meets, it’s the screws where fan is the broke on block..I’ll post a pic soon
Yes probably the top one. I have drilled one out before and used a tap to thread it to use a new larger size bolt. If it's the block that broke off then you should replace the case half. :roll:
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
Rajahdat
Noob
Noob

Post by Rajahdat »

Sorry idk how to add pics on forums..
https://imgur.com/Pi4imxD

I still have piece that broke of could I jb weld it?
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

no JB Weld you need new case half. Is it af16 or af18? I have af18 if you need it.
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861