New Spree owner!

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

K20Aef8
Noob
Noob

New Spree owner!

Post by K20Aef8 »

Whats up guys?

Just got my first Spree to mess around with yesterday!
Not sure if its a 86 or 87 says 1987 on title but also says 1986 further down.

Runs pretty good besides not being able to give it full throttle down low, but if I ease into it up to 15mph I can got WOT and get it up to 35mph on the stock Speedo.

Plans are to get it up to 40mph as cheap as possible and do a resto-mod build.

I cant seem to attach photos directly from my phone any help on that and I'll post some up!
K20Aef8
Noob
Noob

Re: New Spree owner!

Post by K20Aef8 »

motormike

Post by motormike »

Welcome newb... :hi:
Spree scooter is best left STOCK, :imo:
Members have experienced results that will help you along.
HERE is ONE LINK that will get you started with the opinion of ONE member.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=34653
Please read through eclark's thread and decide for yourself the path which you will take.
Good luck with any choice to modify your Spree.
From your thread, it sounds you are already very nearly seeing great results.
Tune your current set-up to dismiss that low-speed hesitation and enjoy reliable riding....mm... :urban:
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

All visual signs point to it being an 86’ since the body panels were different in 87’. However, it could be an 87’ frame with an 86’ body...ya never know till you look up the vin.

Congrats on the purchase! Try that new Spree pully from SSS. Ive heard good things about it. Ive never tried it myself tho. Maybe someone who runs one can give more real time results.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Looks like an 86' to me, and are you interested in selling that trunk? As for the throttle problems, start by giving it a brand new properly oiled filter and a new spark plug. Carb might (probably) need cleaned, but start with the basics.
K20Aef8
Noob
Noob

Post by K20Aef8 »

@Eclark I might consider selling the tote box. I cant find any prices online for anyone selling one. It is a honda accessory and has honda moulded into the back.

I know how rare "honda Access" parts are for the cars not sure if it translates the same with the scooter parts.
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

It's pretty rare. I have every rare part you can think of for my 86', even an almost impossible to find Spree windshield that I only put on for bike shows then swap for a generic windshield when riding. I've been looking for a tote box in decent condition to complete it.
K20Aef8
Noob
Noob

Post by K20Aef8 »

Cleaned the carb
Ported the intake manifold
New fuel lines
New Honda oiled air filter
Modified a 46cc dominate pipe to fit

Runs SO much better after the carb cleaning the low end acceleration is much better. Still tops out around 35mph but it picks up alot better. My only concern is after reading multiple tuning guides , I cant seem to get the idle down. It starts and runs good but its noticeably higher rpm at idle now. I did the 1 1/2 turns out on the bottom mix screw and then revved it for highest rpm but the idle would stay high even with turning the idle screw almost all the way out. I used honda bond to seal everything up and rechecked the bolts for the manifold, reeds, carb and everything is still tight.

eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Sweet little pipe ya got there
K20Aef8
Noob
Noob

Post by K20Aef8 »

Just a quick throw together. Cut the stock front section so I can put it back to original, which I might do. Its loud.