Where to find replacement steering bearings

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Kid B
Noob
Noob

Where to find replacement steering bearings

Post by Kid B »

Hey guys,
I disassembled the '84 spree last weekend and found that the top steering bearing on the front fork is cracked. It's not broken but I need to get both the top and bottom replaced asap. I am having a tough time finding the right part for the entire bearing mechanisms. It's probably right in front of my face in the service manual. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
Kid B
Noob
Noob

Re: Where to find replacement steering bearings

Post by Kid B »

Well, just a few minutes after I posted a found a good solution! Here is a link for anyone who finds this in the future.

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda ... front-fork
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Good job. Thanks for helping others with that link. Lots of old parts still gathering dust on shelves...
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
otto-man
Spree
Spree

Post by otto-man »

I have a few hundred bearings that I'm not using, how many do you need?
Kid B
Noob
Noob

Post by Kid B »

otto-man wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:52 pm I have a few hundred bearings that I'm not using, how many do you need?
Hey Otto-man, thanks for your reply. I ordered the parts I *think* I need from that link. However, getting into this thing I’m finding some idiosyncrasies that may need to be addressed down the road. I’ll keep your info.

While I’m here, what kind of tires and tubes would you recommend for a stock spree?
otto-man
Spree
Spree

Post by otto-man »

I use Kenda 2.50x10 tires from J&PCycles. They're the cheapest I can find. Less than $20 each tax included and shipping is free if you order more than $39. They have a lot of good stuff!
Those bearings can get lost pretty easy. If you lose any, I can send you some. 26 in the bottom race and 26 in the top. Good luck.
harleyracer59
Elite
Elite

Post by harleyracer59 »

honda used the same cups from express to the sa50 dio. so caged sa50 steering neck/fork bearings will replace loose bearings from express to gyro to spree to aero to all 2 stroke elites