ram air

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

EliteS120ccJDM
Spree
Spree

ram air

Post by EliteS120ccJDM »

Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

your retarded.

No body do this.
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
losthope
Elite
Elite

Post by losthope »

looks like a restriction to me
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

losthope wrote:looks like a restriction to me
yeah, and restricting the air cooling system is only going to lead to a seize.
1991--------Tomos Targa-
scooternewby
Spree
Spree

Post by scooternewby »

Dac wrote:your retarded.

No body do this.
HAHA !!!

To put it mildly. . .
losthope
Elite
Elite

Post by losthope »

it would be a shame to fry a 100mph bike
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

I don't care what anyone says about function. It looks good. Ride on!

PS I'd look even better if you cut down that stud and put a nice chrome acorn cap nut on it before it impales your tibial artery. :mrgreen:
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
EliteS120ccJDM
Spree
Spree

Post by EliteS120ccJDM »

Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetings:

I don't care what anyone says about function. It looks good. Ride on!

PS I'd look even better if you cut down that stud and put a nice chrome acorn cap nut on it before it impales your tibial artery. :mrgreen:

Thanks man at least sum1 had somthing positive to sayy...and no I haven't tried it kus my bikes still * up...and thanks for the rude comments...
EliteS120ccJDM
Spree
Spree

Post by EliteS120ccJDM »

Lmao....
Wheelman-111

Dissin' Ram Air

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Sorry your scooter is inoperative. You can fix it, I know you can. Anyone who can imagine and execute such a cool-looking mod can figure out why it won't run.

At one time, you could buy head temperature guages for snowmobiles. The sensor just screwed on under the sparkplug, reading on the dash gauge.

Unless you install one of those, then ride the bike under similar conditions with/without your ram air elbow, I don't think anyone can predict what effect your plumbing pipe will have on engine temps. Could be higher, could be lower. No tellin'. I would bet a nickel that the difference would be negligible either way.

However I AM genuinely concerned about the safety of anyone who rides that thing with a spike sticking out near your leg. It could inflict a dangerous, potentially fatal stab wound. This is the reason all motorcycles sold today are required to have those rounded knobs on the hand levers. May I suggest you fix the protrusion before you ride it?
Wheelman-111
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

the reason his bike is broke is because he does stuff like this.

There is a tried and true way to had ram air to your cooling system. This is not it. I agree it looks cool. But you are restricting your air flow. Restricting your air flow to your cooling system is the dumbest thing you can do. Its about as dumb as talking off your cooling system (something he has done before).

Wheelman-111, You got to understand that EliteS120ccJDM is not highly regarded here. People come to this site to get help and help others. All newbies are welcome here. But EliteS120ccJDM came to the site telling everyone here they where wrong and that his bike does 102mph.
Then he tried to sell one of his used pipes for $20 less then they cost new. When a member PM'ed him about he jacked up the price, after shipping it would have been cheaper to buy one new then it would to buy his used.
Now, if people try something new, the community will discuss it. This honda scooter community is very welcome to all new people and all new ideas. But all he is doing is restricting the air flow to his air cooling system. Setting himself up for a seize, so we all can tell him it wouldn't work. BUT he would not listen and tell other people to do it. Its what this guy does.
1991--------Tomos Targa-
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Re: Dissin' Ram Air

Post by Dac »

Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetings:

Sorry your scooter is inoperative. You can fix it, I know you can. Anyone who can imagine and execute such a cool-looking mod can figure out why it won't run.

At one time, you could buy head temperature guages for snowmobiles. The sensor just screwed on under the sparkplug, reading on the dash gauge.

Unless you install one of those, then ride the bike under similar conditions with/without your ram air elbow, I don't think anyone can predict what effect your plumbing pipe will have on engine temps. Could be higher, could be lower. No tellin'. I would bet a nickel that the difference would be negligible either way.

However I AM genuinely concerned about the safety of anyone who rides that thing with a spike sticking out near your leg. It could inflict a dangerous, potentially fatal stab wound. This is the reason all motorcycles sold today are required to have those rounded knobs on the hand levers. May I suggest you fix the protrusion before you ride it?
Its called a CHT gauge. They are very useful.
A lot of people do run Temp. gauges on bore kits and what not. It was recommended for him to get one since he was going to be running such a big bore kit. But he didnt listen.

Here is some pictures of Burnt Toast temp gauge....
http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB2/viewto ... c&start=25
1991--------Tomos Targa-
Wheelman-111

Forum History

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings, DAC:

I was not aware of the history here. Thanks for letting me know.

His scooter did only 102 MPH?!. I thought it was 120. Dang! Bubble - b-burst. Soap -- in -- eyes... :cry:

The assertion that ~Elite120~guy is restricting his airflow with that 6" elbow sewer pipe is unproven, but presuming it's correct, it still looks pretty cool. I applaud the imagination and effort that went into it, if not the functionality. Perhaps the scooter is inoperative for some other reason? Maybe constant abuse? Better to learn these lessons at 35 MPH than at 135. Or 102 :wink:

In any case, I'm concerned whenever I see a safety issue, regardless of the amiability - or lack thereof - of the person involved. In this case, an overheat failure may not be a bad thing, but an avoidable injury is.
Wheelman-111
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

im stil waiting for the video.....
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

There is very few lowly regarded people here,
Stillspeeding/Maddog (who is the same person) Talks allot of trash but never backs up anything.
EliteS120ccJDM, Who tells everybody there wrong and that his bike is super fast.
and one last person who i cant seem to remember. They where very loud mouthed annoying, but i believe that person left.

He gets his name from "elite S"(his bike)"120cc" -the bore kit/ crank he runs on it. [See Below] and then "JDM" is Japanese domestic market. which makes no since at all since not one part on his bike is japanese.

CC (motor size) is determined by the crank and piston size. A stock piston is about 39mm, and the stock crank is about 41
5 or so. Using this tool here. you can determine that that's 49cc.
Now they sell bore kits for the elite motors. Such as a "72cc kit". The 72cc kit is 47mm. you also can buy bigger cranks and bigger bore kits combined to get bigger CC's yet. Such as a 51mm bore, and a 50mm crank = 102cc.
But! a 50mm crank wont fit in the elite crank case, you have to take apart the crank case and have it milled down to fit in the larger crank.
You following me so far???

EliteS120ccJDM somehow got his hands on the largest crank they make (52.1 or something like that) and the largest bore they make (i believe like a 54). And try to put it together, when the crank didnt fit he asked on here what to do. Everyone tried to explain to him how to mill your casing. But instead HE CUT HIS NEW CRANK! Everyone, and i mean everyone told him not to, but he did it anyway.
When people asked him what he was running he kept saying 120cc then he started saying 125cc. He didnt even know what size parts he was running.

Now, let me give a quick lesson on elite tuning. 72cc bore kit, 28mm carb and intake, nice exhaust and some 7:1 gears, tuned up perfect. your looking about 70mph.
He was running a crappy 70cc cylinder, 28mm carb and intake, crappy pipe, and some 9:1 gears(9:1 gears are really high, they would give he great take off but low top end) BUT he was telling everyone he was doing 75mph.

So now he puts his "120cc" kit on there, leaves the 28mm carb( a 30-33mm carb is needed for a kit that bike) and his super crappy bike (thats way to small for that bore kit, would kill his top end). AND his 9:1 gears, that are useless on anything bigger then 50cc...
And tells everybody it does 102mph.
102mph is insane.
Dont get me wrong, with a properly build 120cc motor, right carb, great pipe, maybe some 5:1 gears, 100mph might be possible. But he is claiming he can pull it off no problem with his half * motor.
Everyone knows he is lying but he don't care, he just tells everyone there wrong and keeps bragging about his motor.

EliteS120ccJDM, you need to understand that when you lie about honda tuning, on a honda tuning website. People know your lying. And when you keep lying, over and over again. your only setting yourself up.
1991--------Tomos Targa-