Fuel Mileage - Spree
Spree typically get around 100 MPG when in good operating condition. That works out to a 50 mile range on a tank of gas. If you're not getting that:
- Check the air filter to see if it's clean/installed/not over-oiled.
- Check exhaust and exhaust port for carbon
- Check plug wire and plug. Plug should have a nice blue spark, red means poor plug or wire to plug cap connection
- Check compression. Should be around 110 - 115. Below 100 means rebuild time. Better compression = better efficiency
- Check the needle jet, should be set 4th notch from the top.
- Check carb main jet, should be a #65 or #68
On a good running scooter, checking the carb (5 & 6) should cover it.
-- Author: noiseguy